Wednesday, August 18, 2010

some plans upon returning to nyc

After a few days of studying with Doug Elkins and hearing him talk about dance and his approach to teaching, I am thinking about my return to New York. One of the things I hope to do when I return is teach. I would love to start teaching and presenting work on Staten Island. I think the island is so deprived of merited movement art programs, concerts, and studies. Now that I am not in school and will be returning with no set employment plans (I will be house managing at Hunter but that is a side job), I will have time to set up camp within the academic world of dance.

So, making dances, teaching, and spreading the word of movement art on Staten Island. That's where it's at come October. This is all in preparation for the grand plan which is to open a school for the arts: visual, performative, and written on Staten Island.

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment