Saturday, July 24, 2010

tonight at center for performance research
an inde news break!!

A friend of mine emailed me a link telling me about performances of Galvanic Folklore from the Accelerating Universe, an evening of dance work by Cori Kresge, whom I have never heard of but after looking at her website, I think I would like to see her work. It seems aesthetically pleasing-- spatially expansive and virtuosic with a minimalist score by Jeremy Tressler.

Performances take place this weekend. The last performance is tonight at 8.00pm at CPR, Center for Performance Research, located in Williamsburg on Manhattan Ave. Take the L train to Lorimer, walk to Manhattan and walk north until you reach CPR ( 361 Manhattan Avenue, Unit 1 Brooklyn, NY 11211
info(at)cprnyc.org (718) 349-1210)

I may not be able to go because I am all about free dance in NYC and may not have a few extra bucks (it's $15.00 Gen Admission, $10 for students and seniors), I also may not be in Brooklyn this evening. However, if I am-- I would love to check this out and write a bit on what it's about.

Here's the link to Core's website: http://corikresge.org

Center for Perfomance Research: http://www.cprnyc.org


Hope you get to see it! That's all for now (Don't forget: Merce celebration at Battery Park, FREE-- Mon. at 6.00pm, Susan Marshall, Jon Kinzel and others!)


cheers,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment